• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Etyrn

help me fix my scrollbar: brain fried cant do math

This topic is 3567 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently started finishing up my old opengl GUI library because I want to actually use it. The whole thing is a cluster of spaghetti code, but it's almost done and functional so I can't be bothered to start over from scratch. Anyway the scrollbar pretty much works perfectly except when I click on it to drag it it'll automatically scroll up exactly 1 line (unless it's already at the top or bottom). I've already been working for a while and my brain can't begin to process where to start on this for some reason so some help would be really appreciated.
    if( middledown )
    {
        parent->cached_lines.size() <= parent->lineHeight ? bar_size = 100 : ( bar_size = parent->lineHeight * 100 / parent->cached_lines.size() );

bar_height = _h * bar_size / 100;

bar_height = bar_height < skin->bar[1].h + skin->bar[3].h ? skin->bar[1].h + skin->bar[3].h : bar_height;

int scrolly = gui->mouse.y - gui->mouse.offy - _y - skin->button[0].h;

scrolly = scrolly < 0 ? 0 : scrolly;
        scrolly = scrolly > _h-bar_height ? _h-bar_height : scrolly;

progress_pc = ( scrolly == 0 ) ? 0 : scrolly * 100 / (_h-bar_height);

int max_progress = parent->cached_lines.size()-parent->lineHeight;

progress = max_progress > 0 ? progress_pc * max_progress / 100 : 0;

/*explanation for you guys:
              cached_lines = vector containing all text lines (viewed or not)
              lineHeight = most amount of lines viewable on screen at once
              bar_size = how much of allotted space scroll bar takes up, 0-100
              bar_height = how tall scroll bar is, in pixels
              gui->mouse.offy = how far away from the top of the scroll bar mouse was when clicked
              skin->button[0].h = height of "scroll up" button
              progress_pc = how far up or down the scroll bar should be from 0-100
              progress = first line to render (offset from 0)*/
    }
If you need to know anymore just ask, but I'm positive this is the problem area.
Quote:
Original post by Etyrn The whole thing is a cluster of spaghetti code, but it's almost done and functional so I can't be bothered to start over from scratch.
quotin to reiterate dis

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!