• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Unity [.net] Email address&password storage program. help!

This topic is 3413 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody at the forums, I'v just joined up and I'm keen to share with the community... I'm trying to develop this app that basically stores email addresses and a passwords. it must also be able to randomly generate a uname an pwd from the list. also i want it to be able to delete the uname an pwd. this is what ive done so far: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6d07ebcbfd60384091b20cc0d07ba4d2ec737ec5910998e3 Its really broken, and I guess the reason i posted was to see if any1 has any suggestions as to making any coding easier? should i rather use a database? (although i would prefer a solution without 1) what works: -random generation of an account and pass -creation of an account and pass -deletion of an account and pass what wrong: -when i delete an account the total number of accounts doesnt decrease -i obtain the random account by generating a number between 1 and noAccounts, but if i delete account 4/10 then noAccounts would be 9 but random still chooses 4 which makes the lbl blank. anyway this is a big headache for a noob like me lol, id love to hear any ideas? ps keep the flaming to a minimum lulz... thanx in advance guys!

Advertisement
Why would you want to give ppl collected account data?

But then, there's SQLite, an embedded database. But, for the sake of formality, you don't plan a cracking business? It's just that, cracking is for lowlifes. Just curious since it sounds dubious to generate usernames. (if not, then take my apologies.)

Since you posted this in the .Net section, look into System.Data, in particular DataTable and DataSet. You can create simple databases (all you need for this) which can be saved to an XML file – that should still work with a flash drive ;).

If you're generating random key/value pairs, which is what I think a username and password is, you can store that in a Hashtable (.Net 2: Dictionary<string,string>), which will manage the adding of new usernames (keys) and removing them for you.

Quote:
Original post by Bob Janova
Since you posted this in the .Net section, look into System.Data, in particular DataTable and DataSet. You can create simple databases (all you need for this) which can be saved to an XML file – that should still work with a flash drive ;).

If you're generating random key/value pairs, which is what I think a username and password is, you can store that in a Hashtable (.Net 2: Dictionary<string,string>), which will manage the adding of new usernames (keys) and removing them for you.

I like this approach. Another way of going about would be to generate a CSV file of your results, and then import them into a Datatable for use.

Another approach would be to Use System.Collections.Generic, along with a class that would model a 'record' for whatever information you have to modify. You could change whatever information you have and overwrite your file when you're done.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!