• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Wavesonics

asIScriptEngine in a multithreaded environment?

This topic is 3445 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

After a few days of researching different script libraries, and writing a few little tests, I have decided to use Angel Script in my project. Now I'm looking at exactly how and where to integrate it. I am looking at having a global instance of asIScriptEngine which two different threads will be using to generate and run scripts. I know in the "features" of angle script it says it's good for multithreading, but I'm just checking it will be nice and thread safe :)

Advertisement
I'm pleased to see that you decided to go with AngelScript. I saw your post over at Unknown Worlds forum as well; Thanks for spreading the word about AngelScript. :)

AngelScript should work well in a multithreaded environment. Though there are a few things to keep in mind while designing your application. I've tried to compile a list of these in the manual that you can read here:

AngelScript Manual: Multithreading

Regards,
Andreas

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!