asIScriptEngine in a multithreaded environment?

Started by
1 comment, last by Wavesonics 15 years, 3 months ago
After a few days of researching different script libraries, and writing a few little tests, I have decided to use Angel Script in my project. Now I'm looking at exactly how and where to integrate it. I am looking at having a global instance of asIScriptEngine which two different threads will be using to generate and run scripts. I know in the "features" of angle script it says it's good for multithreading, but I'm just checking it will be nice and thread safe :)
==============================
A Developers Blog | Dark Rock Studios - My Site
Advertisement
I'm pleased to see that you decided to go with AngelScript. I saw your post over at Unknown Worlds forum as well; Thanks for spreading the word about AngelScript. :)

AngelScript should work well in a multithreaded environment. Though there are a few things to keep in mind while designing your application. I've tried to compile a list of these in the manual that you can read here:

AngelScript Manual: Multithreading

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for, guess I should RTFM ;)
==============================
A Developers Blog | Dark Rock Studios - My Site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement