• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GLSL Gaussian Blur

This topic is 3294 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Gamedev peoples. I'm working on a research project. I'm trying to create an effect with shaders I found in a book called ShaderX5 (for an image, go here: http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7189/eventsvolclouds16ut4.jpg ) In the book it's called Volumetric Clouds and MegaParticles. Thing is: it's in DirectX, and I'm trying to do it in GLSL. The way the book describes it is that they preform a Horizontal Gaussian Blur, then the next pass is a Vertical Gaussian Blur, then cover all the spheres with a bumpmapped fractal cube. Right now I'm looking for how the blur the entire sphere, not just the texture on the sphere like I've been finding (fact of the matter is the spheres have no texture). So, in short, how can I blur an entire sphere in shaders?

Advertisement
Hmm, I think what I did was render the explosion into a different buffer, perform the blur on it, and then copy the image directly onto the color buffer.

But the thing is I have to do it within the shaders. If anyone knows of any sources, algorithms, or a book that I could buy, that would help out a ton.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement