• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Need a good project to work on

This topic is 3290 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have to make a project for my computer graphics class.....now im very confused on what to make......im very interested in game development so i thought id make a game........but the thing is i need to work on something with a fairly high level of complexity(even though my other class mates are working on much simpler DOS projects,but ive gotten bored of DOS now).....say some basic shading,ray tracing and rendering in 3D......and as of now i have very little to no knowledge at all about 3D rendering algorithms........and i also know that itll be very tough to make a whole 3D game by myself........so i need something simple yet with complex graphics..................i need to build it in 2 months time...sparing a maximum of say about 12 hours a week...........it should be something thatll help me become a game developer......... Im fluent at C C# C++ and Java.....and have created a couple of very simple 2D games on XNA and DirectX (PONG and Tetris)

Advertisement
I find it quite odd that for your graphics class you haven't been assigned a specific project. What level of education is this class, and how much time do you have?

For my 2nd year graphics project I wrote a small "game" - a game world consisting of a ridged terrain with a gun tower on one side and a bunker on the other where the goal is to hit the bunker with a missile. Took me 3 weeks ish, but that was with no prior experience of OpenGL or C so you may be able to do it quicker.

Thanks for the reply....
Yeah i know.....even i find it very unsettling.......as it is one of my 2nd year courses in computer science engineering........the level of computer education here where i live is still very backwards(the students too....nobodys even heard of visual studio or DirectX in my class!.College for me is very irritating,dont ask!Playing and programming games is my only solace)..........were still being taught the old fashioned way on DOS.........
The level of the course is well.......fairly easy........we're being taught how to make 2d circles,curves,lines and some basic image processing on DOS...in the lab.....and we have primitive 3D rendering techniques and shading in theory......

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement