• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DarkMasterBosel

Direct3D10 DrawSpritesImmediate

This topic is 3615 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a bit of a weird question. Lets say I have an array of D3DX10_SPRITE, like this: ----D3DX10_SPRITE SpriteArray[5]; When I call the DrawSpritesImmediate() function: ----pSpriteObject->DrawSpritesImmediate(SpriteArray,5,0,0); The second argument covers the size of the array, as it should. For my purposes I am going to need to turn the sprites "invisible", as for some that is a part of the animation sequence. Since the second argument to the DrawSpritesImmediate() call appears to tell the function to access that far into the array, if I the third element is supposed to be "invisible", the only way I have found to eliminate it from the final render target is to zero the structure, as though it were a brand new one. What I am wondering is, if the function tries to draw from a zeroed out D3DX10_SPRITE structure, how does it "appear" in default on the render target? Does it default to a 1 x 1 pixel in the upper left corner? I am just figuring out how to organize my drawing code for maximum efficiency and came across this.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!