Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OldRod

A couple of questions

I don't have my CD yet, so I am using the beta6.1 I downloaded. The land1 demo doesn't compile. It's looking for prgui.h, and I can't find that file in any of the code I downloaded. Is that file available somewhere else? *EDIT* Ignore this - I see that land1 doesn't work in PR4 any more *EDIT* Also, are there any guidelines for using Q3radiant? I'm concerned about scale. How does the grid size compare between Q3radiant and what is needed for the Landscape Studio? What I mean is, if I make a structure 128 units high in Q3radiant, will that be massively huge in LS? Or really really small? BTW, if anyone has a simple app that loads a Landscape Editor terrain and lets you move the camera around, would you be willing to share since I can't get land1 to compile and I can't decipher simpleland yet? Edited by - OldRod on June 23, 2001 8:46:25 AM

Landscape Studio uses a larger scale than the regular Q3Radiant setup. You can change the scale of a BSP object in the editor so it shouldn''t be a problem later on if you find out it needs to be larger.

SimpleLand is meant to be the most basic terrain example although it has grown a bit larger than I originally wanted.
I will probably start some new landscape examples with various genres in mind. If you want to load a LStudio level though, you will need most of the things in SimpleLand.