• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OldRod

A couple of questions

This topic is 6231 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't have my CD yet, so I am using the beta6.1 I downloaded. The land1 demo doesn't compile. It's looking for prgui.h, and I can't find that file in any of the code I downloaded. Is that file available somewhere else? *EDIT* Ignore this - I see that land1 doesn't work in PR4 any more *EDIT* Also, are there any guidelines for using Q3radiant? I'm concerned about scale. How does the grid size compare between Q3radiant and what is needed for the Landscape Studio? What I mean is, if I make a structure 128 units high in Q3radiant, will that be massively huge in LS? Or really really small? BTW, if anyone has a simple app that loads a Landscape Editor terrain and lets you move the camera around, would you be willing to share since I can't get land1 to compile and I can't decipher simpleland yet? Edited by - OldRod on June 23, 2001 8:46:25 AM

Advertisement
Landscape Studio uses a larger scale than the regular Q3Radiant setup. You can change the scale of a BSP object in the editor so it shouldn''t be a problem later on if you find out it needs to be larger.

SimpleLand is meant to be the most basic terrain example although it has grown a bit larger than I originally wanted.
I will probably start some new landscape examples with various genres in mind. If you want to load a LStudio level though, you will need most of the things in SimpleLand.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!