• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DaveDave

OpenGL Problem with SwapBuffer(ghdc) on VS2005 with 64 bit Vista

This topic is 3616 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I've been having trouble trying to run my OpenGL apps on my new pc. I'm running Visual Studio 2005 with 64 bit Vista - Home Premium. I've searched about on the net for a solution and found that quite a few people are having similar problems with this. However, from what I can tell mine seems to be slightly different in the fact that it breaks before it displays anything whereas a lot of other people seem to get errors when they try to compile their applications. When I compile the program and then hit run, it breaks at SwapBuffers(ghdc); with the error: "Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in Texturing.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000." When I comment out this line it runs but only displays a white screen(since the buffers aren't being swapped). I've been through all the project properties and there all fine, all the .lib files are named correctly. I've also downloaded and installed SP1 and the vista update patch of VS 2005. The application runs fine on XP, but what is really strange is that my openGL applications also run fine on my laptop which is also running Vista 64 Home Premium and VS 2005. The only real difference between my laptop and my PC is that I have a slightly newer version of VS 2005 that I downloaded from Microsoft's DreamSpark website whereas the version on my laptop is a copy I got from my university a few years ago. I can run my DirectX and windows Apps fine so I don't think there is anything terribly wrong with my VS 2005 but just to make sure I Re-installed it (twice) but this made no difference. Has anyone else had this problem? Or can anyone offer up some suggestions on possible solutions to fix this as I'm plain out of ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!