Does heat leave or does cold enter?

Started by
35 comments, last by DirectXFreak 15 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by Krokhin
Quote:Original post by Programmer One
In Soviet Russia, when you open the door, the warm air goes out and the Red Army comes in.

"In US,when you open the window in frosty weather,the warm air goes out and 9-11 immediately flyes in."
PS. To moderators: I mean your resсue service,and nothing more.
PPS. To Programmer One: Athoudh it's your forum,you must understand that in history of every nation there are white and black pages.Should I remind it you here? I don't want to do it.
Quote:Original post by owl
and your text formating is crazy. STOP pressing the ENTER button, this isn't a typewriter!

wow...do you ever try a typewriter?!

January 18th, 2009Dear Krokhin:              Of course I've tried typewriters! And always remember              you must resist pressing the E N T E R key when you              write in the forums because that makes your post look              weird!Sincerely,Owl 
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by owl
Of course I've tried typewriters!

But I'm ready to swear that you never typed on typewriter,registered in KGB,thus I have more cool experience[smile]
(in soviet times ALL such things were registered)
Dear me, don't they teach elementary thermodynamics anymore? There are three kinds of movements of heat, and I'm going to ignore radiation, which leaves convection and conduction. When you open the door, warm air gushes out and is replaced by cold air; that's convection. You can call this either "heat leaving" or "cold entering", but it's actually a movement of air rather than heat, so you'd be rather inaccurate in doing so. If you were able to open the door and keep the air entirely still, then the heat would very slowly diffuse from your warm air to the cold air outside; this is conduction. (Which happens even when the door is closed, to be sure, but much more slowly because the door is a good insulator.) This is definitely a case of heat leaving, not cold entering.
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
PPS. To Programmer One: Athough it's your forum,you must understand that in history of every nation there are white and black pages.Shell I remind it you, here? I don't want to do it.

I'm Hungarian. My country has no white pages of history...comrad.

PS: Thanks for all the soviet-era architecture. [grin]
PPS. To Programmer One: Athough it's your forum,you must understand that in history of every nation there are white and black pages.Shell I remind it you, here? I don't want to do it.

I'm Hungarian. My country has no white pages of history...comrad.
PS: Thanks for all the soviet-era architecture. [grin]

Yea,I know.Austrian-Hungarian empire and two world wars before,communism later.
And don't show me your links,please,I know europian history -who began 1st world war,everything about your motherland in 2WW and so on.I know a history of my country and your habbit to kick us because of our old sins.
BTW,you say "I'm Hungarian".And so what?I'm russian,Khruschev-actually Ukrainian, Stalin(Joseph Djugashvili)-georgian. Ask those peoples,not me[grin]
Quote:
Shell I continue to speak about it? I don't want to do it here...

[Edited by - Krokhin on January 19, 2009 2:50:46 AM]
Heat Leaves.. (was explained in detail by a physics teacher about two years ago)

/thread

(For those you still want an explanation - Basically Heat is faster movement of air particles (cold is defined as absence of heat in physics) so if you open the door, the pressures equalize and the air particles in the room slow down...)
Yea,I know.Austrian-Hungarian empire and two world wars before,communism later.
And don't show me your links,please,I know europian history -who began 1st world war,everything about your motherland in 2WW and so on.

You DO realize my initial post was a joke, right?

I know a history of my country and your habbit to kick us because of our old sins.

Like how the Russian Army kicked the Georgians? BAM! Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veil.

BTW,you say "I'm Hungarian".And so what?I'm russian,Khruzhev-actually Ukrainian, Stalin(Joseph Djugashvili)-georgian. Ask those peoples,not me[grin]

Because for a second there, I thought you were going to start bashing me about the wrong country. That would have been really embarrassing for you. [grin]

You DO realize my initial post was a joke, right?

OK,thanks,now I understand the origin of this stupid template(and I know who actually live in Odessa[grin]).
Quote:
Like how the Russian Army kicked the Georgians? BAM! Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veil.

Well,the situation was this: AFAIK osetians,abkhasians and chechens-far relatives...When georgians opened a jet fire,one of chechen
">batalions decided to help...Army command just afraid that chechen will cut them all and sent an army there.It sounds like a kind of humor,but it's almost truth-they would go to SO (and further!) anyway.Actually it's not our problem,but we had to solve it.
--------
Let's stop flood here.

[Edited by - Krokhin on January 19, 2009 1:52:34 PM]
Warm air is lighter. That's why air balloons rise. If you open a window cold air comes from the bottom and warm air escapes at the top. Just think about unopened soup cans placed on a burning stove. Now you know.
Hmm... well.

As air gains infrarad radiation(heat) the air becomes less dense and therefore creates a convection current in which the heated and less dense air molecules go up while the cooler air molecules go downwards(or in your case... into your house). This is also how the sun creates wind on our planet... convection.

Funny... we were just learning about thermal/heat/infrared energy at my school.

Fissure.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement