• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brekehan

Passes

This topic is 3535 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, after some discussion about input layout changing every pass instead of once for an effect I am wondering what else may change. I think I need to go back to the big picture for design. Is it possible for the expected material attributes to change per pass? If, so how is that done in the shader code? Transforms? Anything else? I am thinking along the lines of making a "render method" class that contains the effect to use, technique name, which passes to use, and all data that changes per pass, etc. then I can stick that into my renderable objects. I think I need soemthing like this now that things are getting more complex than drawing the same cube with the same material the same way :P Please give some clarity on what things can change and when.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!