Sign in to follow this  
tombom

King's Quest VIII - The Remake

A-TEC Games Presents: King's Quest VIII - The Remake Plot Summery: In King's Quest VIII, you will play as a new character, Connor Mac Lyrr. Conner is a human, but hasn't always been. He was brave knight, and when he passed away, a statue was made of him, and then some form of evil magic brought him back to life from the statue. While the spell brought him to life, it turned many other people in Daventry to stone. However, a very powerful wizard was able to rescue some people in the kingdom. The evil magic came from Lucreto, when he smashed a powerful, magical treasure, the Mask Of Eternity. You, as Connor must find the Mask pieces, as they have been scattered everywhere. As Connor, the former knight of Daventry, you must bring the pieces back to the Mask's temple, and defeat Lucreto. Some more info: KQ8 (A.K.A Mask of Eternity) was a game, hated by KQ fans, because of it was very disconnected from the other KQ games, had very strange, bad looking graphics for it's style of game, and not only had combat, but had it in a way that was far to central to the game for old time KQ fans. We are remaking this game, for everyone who loved KQ, we want to stick with Roberta Williams' original plans, with some added things, and script this game as a point and click adventure with the powerful game scripting system, AGS. We currently have a total of 6 team members, and are still in early stages of development, but, for all KQ fans out there, it will be worth the wait! In King's Quest VIII, you will play as a new character, Connor Mac Lyrr. Conner is a human, but hasn't always been. He was brave knight, and when he passed away, a statue was made of him, and then some form of evil magic brought him back to life from the statue. While the spell brought him to life, it turned many other people in Daventry to stone. However, a very powerful wizard was able to rescue some people in the kingdom. The evil magic came from Lucreto, when he smashed a powerful, magical treasure, the Mask Of Eternity. You, as Connor must find the Mask pieces, as they have been scattered everywhere. As Connor, the former knight of Daventry, you must bring the pieces back to the Mask's temple, and defeat Lucreto. The Team: Our project was started in August 2008 by Tommy C. (tombom, of the forums) Then joined by Edward O, (_ward, of the forums) and Adam S. (jumpmann1, of the forums) Once we had the start of our team, we publicized our project online, and now, as of January 8th 2009, we have 5 team members. Tommy C: forum name: tombom Job: Lead project director, founder, programmer, scriptwriter Email: c.tommy@kq8project.tk Edward O: forum name: _ward Job: programmer, music composer Email: o.edward@kq8project.tk Adam S: forum name: jumpmann1 Job: 2d graphic sketches, storyboard, (future) PR Email: s.adam@kq8project.tk Bella: forum name: snophira Job: Story writer Ryan: forum name: kinggrahamfan Job: story designer, sketching Our whole team is working for free, in spare time, as this is a KQ fan project, but we all want to see the game come through, and so we will keep working. We don't have paid support either, but we are on the forums quite a bit, so you should still get answers to any questions. The developers of the game are us, so that means, if you have a question, we will happily answer you on the forums. Screenshots and art: Coming soon! [Edited by - tombom on January 21, 2009 12:25:07 PM]

Yeah, I miss them. TSL, IA, and AGDi helped inspire me to do this, I do hope I can do what I think I can with this game. I do need more of a team then I have got, most in the 3d sections and a bit with the Python scripting.

are you using AGS or creating your own engine? out of interest what other projects have you worked on? I'm curious to know what to expect.

ps - still some spelling and grammar errors in your original post!

Ok, I will look over the post, I'm not so good at grammar, I need to work on that, but, I'll say, going to be 3d, done in Blender, and Panda3d. I am not a total 3d expert, but I know enough to get the game going, and then I am sure I can get help, especially after I have something to show. I've worked on countless small ags projects, nothing I've released to the public, but I know enough about it, and I know enough python to do Panda3d/Blender.

Sign in to follow this