Checking the Number of Polygons in Blender

Started by
6 comments, last by dpadam450 15 years, 3 months ago
Can anyone help me figure out how to check how many polygons my models have in blender? I searched here and on google, but didn't find anything. Thanks!
Advertisement
Open the Info panel, go into the edit mode for the object of iterest, and look into the Info panel's header bar. Therein the count of vertices, edges, and faces is shown.
Ok. I see it now. Thanks for the help!
It's written at the top of the screen, always. In the 'title bar' section.
Thanks for the help! Sorry I should've looked for a few more minutes before saying I didn't see it.
Quote:Original post by Daaark
It's written at the top of the screen, always. In the 'title bar' section.

What you call the "title bar" is in fact the header bar of the Info panel. Hiding the Info's header bar (in its context menu) or closing the Info panel itself let the header disappear, and hence the desired information will not be displayed. It is true that the Info's header bar is shown by default, but it is not true that it is always there. (And since the OP asked for a thing visible by default, I was under the impression that the header actually was hidden.)
Keep in mind that the number listed in the info bar (at least in the version of Blender I have) is the face count, which can be either quads or tris, whereas most game engines define their polycounts by way of triangles. If you work in mostly quads like I do, you can double this number and get close to your actual (game art) polycount, since quads are made up of two triangles. The way to get the tri count for certain is in object mode, select your object. Then apply a decimate modifier. The number next to "Face Count" is your tri count. Then delete your modifier before continuing -- using it is not actually as useful as it might seem, I just using it for getting the triangle count.

Thanks,
Scott
Newfound Room -- Open your mind to open content.
In regards to the post above, you can always go to Mesh->Convert_Quads_to_Tris and then always do "undo" :)

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement