Which is best to program games ?

Started by
20 comments, last by Metal Typhoon 22 years, 10 months ago
Borland c++ builder 5 or Visual c++ 6.0. I have these two IDE but i don''t know in which on to start !!! So please if you''re reading this help me !!!!! I''m a beginner "The shortcut is not always the best way " Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
I would say VC++ 6. I''ve never used Borland, but VC++6 is great

-Greg, The lazy webmaster
VC++ is the industry standard, and it''s much less of a hassle to get DirectX running with it.

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
it''s just expensive.

Why do you have both when you can''t use either and as
each costs fucking much.
i smell piracy.

violent1
Just to mess things up, I''ll throw in another option: CodeWarrior. It has awesome project management, good code generation, a clean interface, and the best debugger I''ve worked with (including Builder and VC). But if I had to choose between the two, I''d go with Builder, because then you can use the same IDE to crank out good tools for your games.

[rant]I''m tired of people who say VC is the best when they haven''t tried anything else! Try other IDE''s out, you may be surpised.[/rant]
I would suggest Visual C++.

It is the standard as was already mentioned. Also you will find many more tutorials for it than anything else especially if you also end up using OpenGL or DirectX.

However, to balance that out, I''ve seen some nice tutorials online for Borland as well. For regular programs like installers and other non-game programs I would suggest Borland.

I guess it depends on where you''re planning to go with it.
I've heard that borland's compiler is better than vc++. And one question. Can i use Directx in Borland c+ Builder ?

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 23, 2001 3:56:10 PM
Metal Typhoon
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Why do you have both when you can''t use either and as
each costs fucking much.
i smell piracy.

violent1

Can''t you answer a simple question??? If you can''t, why post. Just answer the question and that''s it...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
A division of DLC Multimedia

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
[Cyberdrek | ]
Yes, you can use DirectX in Borland, but it is a bit of a hassle, as Martee suggested. I''ve worked in Borland, and I HATE it, it isn''t a very good thing to do game programming in it.

-Fredric
-FDGaming(CEO, Lead Programmer)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement