Sign in to follow this  
Lachdahnan7

3D Model/Animation Program for 2D Game (Questions)

Hello, I pretty much want to do what this post talks about: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=520697 On top of that however, I would like to know if there is a program that has a set of pre-defined animations that you can use? I would imagine the weird stuff I would have to do myself, but things like running, jumping, crouching would be available. Just to clarify: They provide a stick figure (or something like that) that has a built in run animation. All I need to do is build my own character around the stick figure and then run the animation again and capture the frames I desire. Thank you!

I've seen several free rigged example characters for blender - Ludwig, Ocsar, and Suzanne are the names of 3. I don't know if they come with animations though. Garage Games has some model-packs of characters intended for games that come with an animation library, but they aren't free.

Alright, Blender it is! Thank you for the quick replys. I will check into the characters you spoke of and see if I can find some with preset animations. Maybe I can just modify those. Thanks again, really appreciate the help as I was very unsure on what to use. :)