• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Actor rotates to fit landscape slope

This topic is 3322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So Im trying to get my actor to conform to the landscape slopes with smooth movement. I am currently using a rotation matrix, but I have no idea how to smooth the movement. Would it be easier to use trig functions? If so, how would I do it? I have no idea, and although I looked in a trig book, i still don't see how i can apply those theories to my 3d app. I have my players position, and current rotation. I have the angle that my player is facing which needs to play a part in the equation obviously. And I have a function that takes two, 2d points as args, and works out the 3d angle of the landscape between those points. I would prefer to use trig functions so if anyone can help me out, or even better, also provide a very small explanation as to how the trig functions incorporate the angle the player faces, and spits out correct values, that would be nice. [Edited by - HumanoidTyphoon on January 19, 2009 6:45:01 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement