Aligning texels to pixels on Cg programs (probably SOLVED)

Started by
0 comments, last by andrew1b 15 years, 3 months ago
I'm using the NVIDIA's Cg language and Direct3D 9 to draw 2D sprites with fragment shaders but I'm having some trouble trying to align the sprite pixels to the texels. I'm using an orthogonal matrix to transform the vertices and I'm also subtracting 0.5 to the vertices positions in order to achieve a correct pixel to texel mapping. It's working fine on my Radeon X series but when I run my applications on a NVIDIA card (Geforce 7300) the sprites (specially the bigger ones) look all messed up. It was all working fine when I was using the fixed funcion pipeline and the RHW vertex format. it looks something like this:
myViewMatrix = GetOrthoMatrix(1024, 768, 0.0f, 5.0f); // screen size, znear and zfar

In the shader code:
/*
the input vertex is: float3 position : POSITION
the sprite geometry looks like this:
const SPRITE_VERTEX vertices[] =
{
	// x, y, x                     u, v
	{  VECTOR3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), VECTOR2(0, 1) },
	{  VECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), VECTOR2(0, 0) },
	{  VECTOR3(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), VECTOR2(1, 0) },
	{  VECTOR3(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f), VECTOR2(1, 1) },
};
*/
// scales the vertex according to the bitmap size
float4 newPos = newPos * float4(size,1,1);

// position the sprite according
newPos += float4(entityPos,0,0);

// inverts the y coordinate to make like in a 2D application
newPos *= float4(1,-1,1,1);

// retorns the transformed vertex
return mul(viewMatrix, newPos);

In most of the computers in wich I tested the code, it looks fine, axcept on NVIDIA's. Does anyone have any clue on what's going on? [Edited by - andrew1b on January 19, 2009 9:52:38 AM]
Advertisement
I solved this problem by using linear filtering instead of point (nearest) filtering. I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it but it worked.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement