Solved: Cross-platform way to get specific client area [wxWidgets]

Started by
3 comments, last by theOcelot 15 years, 2 months ago
I'm programming with wxWidgets. I want to create windows which have a specific client area. On my windows computer, I can measure the discrepancy between the window size I specified and what the device context reports, and hard-code that into my window-creation, but this will obviously break on platforms with different-sized decorations. Further, it gives me a slightly nasty feeling inside. To make things more complicated, the windows which I would like to have with a specific size may be further nested in a wxNotebook. I realize I may just have to suck it up, or do something annoying like make an invisible window and measure it. Is there any hope for me? [Edited by - theOcelot on January 21, 2009 4:52:41 PM]
Advertisement
Sooo...

Should I take the deafening silence as a signal that I really am screwed?
I don't appear to have used this (doing a quick search on my code-base), but from its description in the docs it seems like it fits the bill: wxWindow::SetClientSize
Shoulda known to look at wxWindow methods. I guess I was stuck in constructor mode. I'll see if it works when I get a chance. Thank you!
It worked. It was little tricky to get it to work in the notebook pages, though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement