Uhh... Lesson 28 problem?

Started by
3 comments, last by NitroGL 22 years, 10 months ago
Sorry if this has been posted before. Does Lesson 28 not work for anyone else? It runs and all, but the shadows don''t show up. I have a Radeon if that helps any (and the stencil works fine, because stenciled shadows in Quake3 work, and other demos). And I am running in 32Bit color.
Celeron ][ 566 @ 850256MB PC-100 CAS2 RAMDFI PA-61 Mainboard (250MB memory bandwidth sucks, it should be 500MB)ATI Radeon 32MB DDR LEWindows 98SE
Advertisement
Are you sure Q3 uses stencilled shadows?

Anyway, Radeon is notorious for not working with this tut. I have no way of figuring it out (I have a tnt2), but if you can work out what is wrong I''d love to know so I can update the tutorial.

Sorry that''s not much help

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
Yeah, if you set "cg_shadows 2" it uses stenciled shadows.

I fiddled with the source for about an hour, and I could figure out what''s wrong, and it''s really odd, because EVERY other demo that I''ve ran that does the same effect works. :\
Celeron ][ 566 @ 850256MB PC-100 CAS2 RAMDFI PA-61 Mainboard (250MB memory bandwidth sucks, it should be 500MB)ATI Radeon 32MB DDR LEWindows 98SE
I promise this isn''t a shameless plug
I have had a report that the shadow code in PortaLib3D works where lesson 28 doesn''t. I based it on lesson 28 and then tweaked it - I don''t know what I did though

Might be worth looking into - let me know if it works for you and maybe we can patch the tut.

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
k, I''ll keep you posted

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement