Sign in to follow this  
Alex131

TReader class

Hello again to all :) I've got another question regarded to delphi programming. I've got a spell in my game which is a TImageSprite (class from the translated directx headers for delphi usually known as "undelphix"). You may think that the problem is for the game programming forum but the idea is in general programming. When the spell hits the last frame of the animation it needs to be destroyed and i've used all sorts of different methods before i decided to read the source code of delphix when i saw that there is a procedure ReadAnimPos which reads the current frame of my animation. The problem is that it uses a TReader and i haven't come across how to use this component over the net so i would like to ask how could i get the my animations frame position by using this procedure (here's the source of procedure from delphix's .pas files)
procedure TImageSprite.ReadAnimPos(Reader: TReader);
begin
  FAnimPos := Reader.ReadFloat;
end;

The actual problem is that i made a google search and i asked some of my friends who have used delphi a lot more than me and i didn't find out much about the class. Also this class is natively supported by delphi so the developer of the library won't help my much, as well as the help which comes with delphi which doesn't contain much useful information about the class....