• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Tile Rendering and wrong colors ?

This topic is 3322 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello i just wanted to save my viewport to higher resolution(for example 4kx4k pixels) and from what i have been reading tile rendering is the way to go or using Framebuffer object and then saving it. Well i tried both but the quality of the image of the FBo was not the best which i really dont know why :) It had some blurness arround the objects i created e.g. 2 white gluDisk. Anyway , for tile rendering i am using this library http://www.mesa3d.org/brianp/TR.html and everything works good apart from the colors being a bit messed. What i mean by that is that colors are saved differently from what they are displayed :) Red becomes Green Green becomes Blue Blue becomed red So RGB is actually saved as GBR.If i could put R in the front everything would be sweet :P I guess its just some messup thingy of how they are being saved but i cant figure it out ... Any help ? :) Thank you in advance ! PS. i used similar code with the one provided in demo2 to save my image.Even in his demo with some changed to not draw random colors what i am saying can be seen.

Advertisement
Hmmm.. In don't know a GBR format, but BGR.
In graphic hardware the BGR format is quite common, so saving this directly from a given colorbuffer will result in a wrong color order. There are a few options to avoid this:
1. If you have control of the render target, use a RGB render target.
2. Use a file format (lib) which supports BGR format (like png).
3. Just copy the color buffer and reorder the byte before saving.

I think 2 is the best solution, as an easy and quick hack I would use 3.

--
Ashaman

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement