Need artist

Started by
6 comments, last by Sirion 22 years, 9 months ago
Ok, I''m a new game developer, and I need an artist to make some 2d art for my game. If you have experience in computer artistry before, I don''t care if you have never done game graphics before. However, you should: ... know the basics of 2d, 8 bit artistry ... be able to use those skills ... be dedicated ... accept to work for free (what did you think, its my first game?!?) ... able to paint a LOT of blood and gore Still interested?? My ICQ is 54125273. Send me a message if you are interested, and tell me where I can find sample works. Sirion ---------------- We''re all doomed
Sirion----------------We`re all doomed
Advertisement
Errrrr...I think you are not using the correct tone when asking for an artist.

You are asking dedication to a project, with no reward. You haven''t thought of saying polite things like "I will include your name in the credits", "I''ll pay you a beer when we meet", "I''ll send you pics of my girlfriends in underwear", etc...you get the idea.

Instead of that you are demanding the artist to show you his work, while you aren''t able to show him your demo.
You DON`T EVEN (for God''s sake!) tell what the game is about, where to find your design doc, or what all that blood is for.

You are demanding something for "YOUR" game, you don''t look like you are going to accept any suggestion for the art part, or even going to give credit for the work developed for your. Ok, if it is YOUR game, make it yourself or pay for the work. If you want a game of "a team" then you can ask for free work. But then, keep this in mind, it won''t be YOUR game no more.

I think you don''t understand your position:

There are TRILLIONS of game projects around, and only a few artists willing to help. So, it is YOU who need the help, not the artist is looking desperately for a programmer (in fact, most of the artists who work in games can program). Then, lower your tone a bit, show some humbliness, and maybe (maybe) some artist will ask for your project.

"Nec spes, nec metus" - Gladiators'''' motto
"Nec spes, nec metus" - Gladiators'' motto
Mwahaha, you will never get an artist on this forum. I mean listen to these people. I also put a post on this forum and have not got any post. And tayete, i don''t agree with you.
Mwahaha, you will never get an artist on this forum. I mean listen to these people. I also put a post on this forum and have not got any post. And tayete, i don''t agree with you.
Sorry about that
Let''s make a deal: you find me a good tile editor and I''ll be your artist.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement