Delphi version of Visual Basic's GetObject()

Started by
2 comments, last by skippyj777 22 years, 10 months ago
I would like to check the amount of video memory present on the video card. Here is the Visual Basic code that accomplishes this: Dim controllers As Object Dim controller As Object Dim ram As Variant Dim caption As Variant Set controllers = GetObject("WinMgmts:").InstancesOf("Win32_VideoController") MsgBox "Retrieved Win32_VideoController collection." For Each controller In controllers caption = controller.caption If IsNull(ram) Then MsgBox "Caption returned Null!" Else MsgBox "Caption = " & CStr(caption) End If ram = controller.AdapterRAM If IsNull(ram) Then MsgBox "AdapterRAM returned Null!" Else MsgBox "AdapterRAM = " & CStr(ram) End If Next My problem is getting the "controllers" object. I cannot figure out how to do this. I have tried CreateOleObject(), CreateObject(), and GetActiveObject() in various ways and none of them work. How does Visual Basic''s GetObject() work, and how can I create a Delphi version of it? -Josh
Advertisement
Does anyone have any documentation on the GetObject call? What is the parameter that it takes and what does it do? What is the object or structure returned?
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers
Documentation for GetObject():

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vbenlr98/html/vafctGetObject.asp?frame=true
Hmmm... after reading that MSDN page about GetObject, I am still lost as to how to use it. Activating a file? ActiveX and the such is beyond me at the moment.
Steve 'Sly' Williams  Monkey Wrangler  Krome Studios
turbo game development with Borland compilers

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement