• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SlimDX and CustomVertex...

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, I'm coming up with my own CustomVertex versions, is this necessary? It seems the easiest way to make my system compatible with SlimDX with already written code I have. If so can I share this code with SlimDX somehow? Perhaps it was not added for a reason? Thanks, Devin

Advertisement
We thought the whole custom vertex thing was pretty silly. MOst apps are going to have pretty different vertices of varying complexity, you're better off just declaring the exact one you need instead of trying to find ColoredTransformedNormals or whatever it is. Just remember to use structs and apply sequential layout.

Right it is for beginners only, but I implemented it on just simple non-important tasks and it proved "batch speed" worthy? But OK. It isn't for a "for sale" program for sure, is that what your refering to?

ie: I've had to almost always implement complex streams for my apps special needs.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement