• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

TextureLoader

This topic is 3319 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys im looking for a Linux(fedora core) texture loader that is very simple and will allow me to simply load up a specified texture from file format. The option of a few different file formats would be nice. Looking through the posts i have seen alot of older posts related to similar topics but alot of the links are dead, and those texture loaders that i have tried havent worked very well or at all. This is a very small part of my project and i need to spend minimal time getting this to work, otherwise i would have looked into making my own. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
Ok so i downloaded DevIL latest version installed it followed the unix read me file i think that was ok. I include the il ilu and ilut include folders and ilb folder in my make file and i add the #includes at the top of my project. I then make and this is fine and my program must obviously find the correct includes files. But when i do ilInit() and then make I get an undeclared reference to 'ilInit' error and obviously the make command fails.Can anyone help ?

Im not sure if its relevant but im running fedora on my PS3 and it only seems to like 'C'. But i assumed as DevIL is cross platform that it would be written in C anyway.

Thankyou in advance for any help

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement