• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Frenzy123

TextureLoader

This topic is 3489 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys im looking for a Linux(fedora core) texture loader that is very simple and will allow me to simply load up a specified texture from file format. The option of a few different file formats would be nice. Looking through the posts i have seen alot of older posts related to similar topics but alot of the links are dead, and those texture loaders that i have tried havent worked very well or at all. This is a very small part of my project and i need to spend minimal time getting this to work, otherwise i would have looked into making my own. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
Ok so i downloaded DevIL latest version installed it followed the unix read me file i think that was ok. I include the il ilu and ilut include folders and ilb folder in my make file and i add the #includes at the top of my project. I then make and this is fine and my program must obviously find the correct includes files. But when i do ilInit() and then make I get an undeclared reference to 'ilInit' error and obviously the make command fails.Can anyone help ?

Im not sure if its relevant but im running fedora on my PS3 and it only seems to like 'C'. But i assumed as DevIL is cross platform that it would be written in C anyway.

Thankyou in advance for any help

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!