FPS cliches wanted!

Started by
69 comments, last by yogr 15 years, 2 months ago
What are some of the FPS cliches that make you groan? How can you cram as many of them into a single game as possible? For example, time to crate should be 0 seconds. You should literally start in a warehouse or depot, with the view looking at a pile of crates. Others?
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Advertisement
The protect the helpless person level
You are a retired secret special-ops marine, called back to protect your country from alien Nazi mutants.
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
Here's a building of pathetic enemies with bad eyesight and malfunctioning hearing aids. Take this awesome lethal weapon and sneak through there without using it.
Someone's carelessly left highly explosive barrels all over the place, particularly in locations that will inconvenience enemies or demonstrate the physics engine.
inherently interactive - my game design blog
An airshaft leads from the janitors room to the top-secret main HQ.
You somehow misplaced all that killer equipment that was just laying around five minutes ago, and have to start level two with your trusty pea shooter.
--"I'm not at home right now, but" = lights on, but no ones home
DooM3
Spawn closets, monster closets, exploding barrels... many more that I can't remember.
Quote:Original post by AngleWyrm
You somehow misplaced all that killer equipment that was just laying around five minutes ago, and have to start level two with your trusty pea shooter.

But don't worry - your enemies have left equipment only you can use all around their base.
hehe yeah, it's a wonder they don't charge gold pieces for it.

Here's another one: Got six different weapons, various attachments, reload ammo quick key...and everything else in the universe is just one generic 'Use' button.

[Edited by - AngleWyrm on January 24, 2009 1:42:23 PM]
--"I'm not at home right now, but" = lights on, but no ones home

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement