Directx 5 problem

Started by
5 comments, last by NDIR 15 years, 2 months ago
Hey all! So i've been programing something using Dx5 (yeah, you heard correcty, dx5 ;) i know it's prehistoric and don't ask me why i'm using it). So i create window, directdraw, surfaces, d3ddevice, viewport... (this is a fullscreen application). And here's the problem: if i set the resolution (viewport, surfaces using setDisplayMode) to 1024x768 the whole thing gets drawn in 640x480. So i get correct content in upper left corner measuring 640x480 and black surface on the right and bottom. Just seems like the scene doesn't get stretched to fullscreen since the window is of correct size? All the surfaces, directdraw, window are created 1024x768. What could i be missing? Here is how it looks like (i've borrowed the duke nukem3d screenshot do demonstrate the problem) image
Advertisement
I've never used DirectX, but is it possible that 640x480 is the maximum resolution DX5 supports? After all, it IS quite old...
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
how are you using blt to draw on your back buffer or primary surface?
what do you mean by how?

and is that important since i do DrawPrimitive for 3d stuff?

[Edited by - NDIR on January 24, 2009 7:43:33 PM]
If it were me. I would concentrate on learning DX9 or even 10.
It'd help immensely if you would show some actual code. There's a few things that can go wrong.

How exactly are you displaying the image? With a texture and DrawPrimitive? How did you load the texture?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Quote:Original post by lonewolff
If it were me. I would concentrate on learning DX9 or even 10.

Well i'm not trying to learn DX5, i'm just trying to fix some code that has been written ages ago. And i can't learn DX10 since i do not have vista.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement