• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NDIR

Directx 5 problem

This topic is 3613 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all! So i've been programing something using Dx5 (yeah, you heard correcty, dx5 ;) i know it's prehistoric and don't ask me why i'm using it). So i create window, directdraw, surfaces, d3ddevice, viewport... (this is a fullscreen application). And here's the problem: if i set the resolution (viewport, surfaces using setDisplayMode) to 1024x768 the whole thing gets drawn in 640x480. So i get correct content in upper left corner measuring 640x480 and black surface on the right and bottom. Just seems like the scene doesn't get stretched to fullscreen since the window is of correct size? All the surfaces, directdraw, window are created 1024x768. What could i be missing? Here is how it looks like (i've borrowed the duke nukem3d screenshot do demonstrate the problem) image

Advertisement
I've never used DirectX, but is it possible that 640x480 is the maximum resolution DX5 supports? After all, it IS quite old...

what do you mean by how?

and is that important since i do DrawPrimitive for 3d stuff?

[Edited by - NDIR on January 24, 2009 7:43:33 PM]

It'd help immensely if you would show some actual code. There's a few things that can go wrong.

How exactly are you displaying the image? With a texture and DrawPrimitive? How did you load the texture?

Quote:
Original post by lonewolff
If it were me. I would concentrate on learning DX9 or even 10.

Well i'm not trying to learn DX5, i'm just trying to fix some code that has been written ages ago. And i can't learn DX10 since i do not have vista.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!