Hi there, need some help from fellow designers

Started by
10 comments, last by Cpt Mothballs 15 years, 2 months ago
Hi there, I am currently in development in a 3d space shooter multiplayer which is based on teamwork. The goal of this game to build the best fleet and dominate as much of the space as possible. Here is one of the paragraphs of the story line: Ever since human beings took to the space the rivalry for power, technology and planets has never ceased. So when the new power source has been discovered in the depths of space it was the final spark to the bone dry keg of gun powder of war. That was the day the <name goes here> wars have begun... The problem I am having a hard time finding a non copywrited name for the game before I put the game together.
Advertisement
ummm just finding a new power source wouldn't start a war unless there are other factors...

as far as a name... it doesn't have to be a real word...in fact it wouldn't be if it's a new power source.
Not much of a help in providing you a name, but...

instead of finding a cute name, just think in terms of your game's history. The war begun, period. Maybe on a specific location, or for a specific reason, or even maybe by the acts of a specific person. Later on, people started to talk about the "war" using that specific name as a reference. So, search for a meaningful name within your story.

Yeah, the tension between the colonies was already there for a long time.
It's just now that they discovered the new "ultimate" power source which will determine the champion.

Good point though ^^
Quote:Original post by mystb

instead of finding a cute name, just think in terms of your game's history. The war begun, period. Maybe on a specific location, or for a specific reason, or even maybe by the acts of a specific person. Later on, people started to talk about the "war" using that specific name as a reference. So, search for a meaningful name within your story.

yeah...

That might help
Just that i don't have a name for the power source...
Quote:Original post by Shad0wR1d3r
Quote:Original post by mystb

yeah...

That might help
Just that i don't have a name for the power source...

What I was suggesting is that instead of calling it "The PUT_POWER_SOURCE_NAME_HERE war", it could be the "2145 war", "terrans/propiteleus war", "Saturn Conflict", etc.
The Box Wars!
Tiberium Wars? Oh wait, nevermind
--"I'm not at home right now, but" = lights on, but no ones home
Kirk wars?
Star Wars!!!!!

In all seriousness though, you should either just come up with a name for the power source (Promethium!!! (I think I stole that from the Spider-man cartoon)), or reference the sides involved (i.e. Colonial Wars, Intergalactic Wars, Alien VS Predator Wars).

Surely a person must have "discovered" the element, so you could always name it after them.

"Braxtonium", "Torresium", "Carlsonium", "Bolognium"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement