• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wolfkcing

Artist Locator.

This topic is 3491 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I'm having a tough time contacting any kind of professional artist in the gaming industry. I go to developer websites and all the contact links are only for either technical problems or people interested in doing business with developer. Does anyone have any tips? I just need to ask an artist a couple questions for a college project. An animator or modeler or 2D graphics artist would do. I'm attending Westwood College Online and in pursuit of a degree in Game Art and Design.

Advertisement
I'd suggest asking in the Visual Arts forum and not the programming forum. =)

Also, you might have some success just asking your questions directly to the folks in the art forum as opposed to trying to track down a live person who doesn't know you and spends 70 hours a week working.

Most company websites have an info@company.com email. You can ask if there is any way you can get in touch with an artist for your college question.

My sister is an animator at a game company so if you want to email me I can get you in touch with her.

My email is my first name at my company's name. The company I work for is Ready At Dawn.

-= Dave

I'm very sorry for posting this in the wrong spot. I was tired.

Thank you for your suggestions Dave and jdindia. Their 70 work week had occurred to me. If your sister is not to busy, I'd love to interview her for my project.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!