MS3D code and Advanced Animation

Started by
122 comments, last by JudgeX 22 years, 1 month ago
Ummm hi, I was real excited about the smd loader, but then I looked and there''s been no updates since 2001, any progress on it?
Advertisement
Can whoever has the smd loader mail it to me at bucky@buck2k.com?

thanks in advance
-Bucky
I''m interested too....
e-mail it if you ever get it done
max621@barrysworld.com

||--------------------------||
Black Hole Productions
http://bhp.e-chrono.net/
Resident expert on stuff
max621@barrysworld.com
||--------------------------||
||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
I think it''s totally worth looking into abstracting the animation in some sort of handler/manager.

Like, with what we''re doing (as we learn, obviously... ::ahem:... we have the timeline of keyframes that Milkshape gives us, but then we (or he does, actually, being Captain Art&Content) specify individual animations in a seperate "config" file (along with a bunch of other info that we want to apply to the model). As for the animations...

ex:
----------------
//Animations
$ANI_DEFINE "run" 1 30 0.75 "true" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "idle" 32 100 10 "true" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "aim_raise" 102 106 0.25 "false" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "recoil" 107 115 0.5 "false" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "die" 117 130 1 "false" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "slump_rev" 150 132 1.55 "false" "false"
$ANI_DEFINE "slump" 132 150 1 "false" "false"----------------

That''s, uh....
"nameoftheani" start_frame end_frame default_time doLoop doRebound

You can get all *sorts* of creative, of course (and we plan to, this is just our please-juses-let-it-work implementation), but then you can call individual animations with whatever model animation manager you cook up. And if you''re particulary smooth, you can play the animations at speeds other then their "default"... so if Jobob the avatar is running *really* fast, you can call that run ani to play at a faster speed than the default.

Anyhow. Enough 5am babbling. :>

~Rayme

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement