Diagram of Windows Graphics in 2009

Started by
26 comments, last by jollyjeffers 15 years, 2 months ago
Quote:Original post by remigius
somehow the diagram makes D3D9 look a hell of a lot cleaner and more straightforward [smile]
[lol] I'll try and roll in the cardcaps.xls spreadsheet/matrix just to illustrate how messy it is then...

Quote:Conversely, infrequently heard words can result in confusion and "bespoke" isn't a word used in the US.
I've changed the diagram to 'Bespoke/Custom' at the top for the benefit of American readers.

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
I've changed the diagram to 'Bespoke/Custom' at the top for the benefit of American readers.

Boo! Educate the illiterates! [smile]

I had absolutely no confusion when I saw earlier versions of this diagram on your journal, but then again I was educated in a British-based system...
I like "bespoke". Gives it such a... Victorian feeling.

Good work on the diagram! [smile]
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Boo! Educate the illiterates! [smile]
I tried, I failed - but thanks anyway Oluseyi [grin]

Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
I was educated in a British-based system...
If you believe the news then the primary language of school kids in the UK is text message language. cu l8r m8, rite. Consider yourself lucky if you learned words with extra vowels in - it could so easily have been "bspk" [lol]

Quote:I like "bespoke". Gives it such a... Victorian feeling.
Yes, there is something a little more regal about 'bespoke' than 'custom'...

Cheers,
Jack

Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Conversely, infrequently heard words can result in confusion and "bespoke" isn't a word used in the US.

Ack! That's worse! [smile]

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by LessBread

Ack! That's worse! [smile]
There's just no pleasing some people [razz]

No DDraw or DShow? AFAIK, they're still available on all of these platforms.

I'm probably going to get beat up for asking this, but where's OpenGL? ;)

The 'bespoke' term is hilarious. I'll make a note to scribble that on a whiteboard in our next architecture review meeting instead of simply using the term,'Apps'. I'll just tell my confused colleagues that I found the term online in the new MSDN "Dev Lore" web pages, to which they'll likely reply, "Yeah, sure. Have a seat, Gandalf."
Quote:Original post by don
No DDraw or DShow?
Nope, the DDraw omission on the fact that Direct2D/DirectWrite has effectively superceded it and DShow would also require the DXVA components to be thrown in.

I'm probably going to get beat up for asking this, but where's OpenGL? ;)
I was going to explain it in the whitepaper to go with the diagram, but basically it was just a case of limiting the scope. My first few attempts at this sort of diagram got horribly confusing quite quickly...

I'll just tell my confused colleagues that I found the term online in the new MSDN "Dev Lore" web pages, to which they'll likely reply, "Yeah, sure. Have a seat, Gandalf."
Tell them its the latest cool import from the United States of Englandshire [smile]

Cheers,
Jack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement