Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue*Omega

Visual C++ command line options

Okay, I''ve been busting my brain trying to get this to work. I have a simple (dos) compression program that i have written and i want to add some command line options. Like so: Zipper -c test.zpp pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg Zipper is the program name, I want the -c to signal the progam to run the compile code (-e would be extract), the test.zpp the file i write to, and the rest to be the files I''m zipping. The thing I''m really stuck on is the -c though. How?!? I''m working in visual c++ 6.0; ----------------------------- Vash the Stampede "Love & Peace!"

Your entry point probably looks something like this:
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
argc is the number of command line arguments (including the program's name), and argv is an array of the arguments themselves. So to see if the '-c' flag is present, you could do something like this:

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
if(argc == 1)
call_some_error_routine();

if(!strcmp(argv[1], "-c"))
do_compile_stuff();

else if(!strcmp(argv[1], "-e"))
do_extract_stuff();

}

~~~~~~~~~~
Martee

Edited by - Martee on June 24, 2001 10:14:44 PM

For anyone reading this: Please NEVER refer to a feature of the C or C++ language as a feature of Visual C++. Microsoft does not have a monopoly on the functionality of C or C++. The features being asked about here were in existence before Microsoft existed.

Thanks! I was trying:

if(strcmp(argv[0],"-c"))
{
compile();
}

BTW: I knew that this feature was in place before microsoft barged in. I just wondered if there might be a difference between it and other compilers (shouldn''t be...)

-----------------------------

Vash the Stampede

"Love & Peace!"

quote:
Original post by bishop_pass
For anyone reading this: Please NEVER refer to a feature of the C or C++ language as a feature of Visual C++. Microsoft does not have a monopoly on the functionality of C or C++. The features being asked about here were in existence before Microsoft existed.

That''s exactly what I''m thinking anytime someone mentions "the next version of C++" or "learning Visual C++" .

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]