Quake3BSP Editors?

Started by
3 comments, last by pheonix2468 15 years, 2 months ago
Hey guys, im working on a project for college. I have managed to get BSP loading in my game engine, and am currently looking for a decent Quake3BSP editor for use with creating the game levels. Anyone know of any? Im using vista(well windows7 =]) and gtk radiant has some issues with vista and 7, i cant see a damn thing haha. I've had a look at another rather respectable BSP editor, Getic. Its really good but it doesnt seem to esport to .bsp only quake3.map's and its own formats :S Also if there arent any out there, is there anyway i can modify gtkradiant to have a custom game option in the game list so i can choose somewhere where my game is located, instead of having the options such as quake3,doom3 etc Thanks in advance guys =]
Advertisement
If Getic outputs to Quake3 .map format then you're good to go. Track down Quake3's map compiler - it's called Q3MAP2 - and use it (with the appropriate command line arguments) on the .map file that Getic exports to create a Quake3 .bsp file.

Other than Radiant, the only other Q3 map editor I know of is Quark.
Thanks PlayerX, i had a look around, and i have managed it i think =]
i Used Getic to create the level, and then exported to .map
Then i fired it up in radiant, not seeing anything at all lol, and just compiled and exported =]

Wish i thought of this sooner XD
Now the scary part, testing it with my engine ;) haha

thanks again =]
I don't recommend using getic or quark for quake series map making. All the cool cats use radiant, what exactly doesn't work in radiant? It's really simple to use once you get the creation methods down. Plus, q3map2 is the best compiler around, and it uses .map form.
Well im using vista (windows 7 in fact)
and i reckon theres an issue with desktop composition, as in gtkradiant and 3dsMax also, the 3d viewports are either blank or really glitchy, meaning i cant see anything in them. Im tempted to dualboot winxp with win7, so i can work on windowsxp seeing as theres more support there xD
But yeah, i dont need the .map format as im not developing for quake3 itself. Im no cool cat ya see ;) i really just need something i can model a map in which exports to the q3.bsp format for use with my game engine. haha

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement