Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Praetor Andreas

Someone could help... pah-leez? This place is my last hope...

I recently started programming a 3D modeller. I use Direct3D as in the viewport window (the actual rendering uses my own pluggable software device)... anyway, I need 4 viewports. I read from DirectX 8.0 SDK manual that I could use a Direct3DSwapChain8 to create additional swap chains so that I could render multiple views with just one device... I tried and tried and didn''t succeed... once I got the backbuffer working but it only blitted noise to the window it was supposed to render... Please, if someone would FINALLY like to help me. The thing that makes this problematic is that I''d need the code in Visual Basic, although C++ code will do as well. I am a capable Visual C++ programmer and I think I''d be able to port any C++ code to VB. Just if someone would get this thing working ? Please ? I''m willing to give BIG credit to anyone who offers his/her help on my program''s website and in it''s about-box. Sorry, but it''s the best I can do. Come on people, prove me that this is not something no-one can do... P.S Microsoft boys just said "It''s all in the manual"... crap! They only say where you can use it, not how... :< - A.J. Oja. - Lead Programmer/Project Leader DiMTEX Software

The best way would probably be to just switch the viewport around for the four different views.

Other than that, just curious, where did you find information on writing a pluggable software renderer? I was looking for some a while back, and I could not find any at all.

-------------------------------
NeXe: NeHe DirectX-style.

Follow the orange rabbit.

There''s a heap of stuff you can''t find information to. Anyway, about the renderer... you can simply use the RegisterSoftwareDevice command which takes the software renderer initialization function name as a parameter. I used that and works fine, requires some tuning though.
Anyway, if I can get that SwapChain thing working, mind if I write a tutorial on your site on that ? I know some people who''d like to know how to get those SwapChains working. Besides, they can be used to achieve some nice effects fast.

- A.J. Oja. -
Lead Programmer/Project Leader
DiMTEX Software

Opps, forgot to mention... the DirectX DDK contains the tools, info and etc crapies for creating those "pluggable" software devices. I kinda modified (majorly) that code so that it would suit my needs. Anyway try it out 8)

- A.J. Oja. -
Lead Programmer/Project Leader
DiMTEX Software