Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simpleland question

This topic is 6014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I decided to dig into the Simpleland example and see if I can dissect it, so I can understand more about how PR works. My first goal was to make it load my level instead of the one provided with the example. I''m at work and all my files are at home, so I can''t actually try it out, but it looks like to make this work all I have to do is chdir() to the directory where my LS files are stored and do a LS_LoadLevel(). Is it really that easy, or am I missing something? One other question. In the Simpleland example, the music cuts up and stutters a lot on my computer. Any idea what could cause this? I have a P3 500 with 128 megs ram and a MX300 sound card. If I wanted to disable the music in the example, is it a matter of removing the MP3 from the landscape file? I don''t see anyplace in the code that the MP3 is actually played, so I''m assuming it''s loaded and played because it''s in the \level1 directory?

Yes it is that easy. Change to your level directory and call the load function. It will load in the terrain.lvl file which in turn loads the terrain, packages, and everything else.

Don''t know why the music would be cutting out. It could be your sound card drivers or maybe the framerate isn''t fast enough to update the MP3 function? You can remove the MP3 playing by loading the level in LStudio, going into Level Properties and change the setting to No Music. Also delete the mp3 filename.