The Definition: Intelligence, Consciousness, Self-Awareness, Emotions, Life...

Started by
26 comments, last by jbadams 15 years, 2 months ago

DEFINITION: Abstract Logic of Life

info= change
     memory= info within the system

A= info input 
          B= memory(A) 
          C= reaction(B)

D= output(B)-> A
          E= reaction(D)

INTERPRETATION: The Four Laws of Everything
1st: any system with 'B', i.e. memory(input), is flexible system, it has evolutionary potential
2nd: any system with 'C', i.e. reaction(memory), can act life-like, e.g. spring, shape memory alloy.. 
3rd: any system with 'D', i.e. "processing power", can evolve memory internally with self-input
4th: any system with 'E', i.e. reaction(output), can appear intelligent, e.g. monkeys, humans, cats...
EXPLANATION: Flexibility is Everything flexibility is function of elasticity, moving parts and their degrees of freedom. flexibility is ability to change or mutate, it is therefore "evolutionary potential". flexibility provides memory storage and maximum information capacity is a function of flexibility. simultaneously, information volatility or system sensitivity is directly proportional to flexibility, as well as is resistance, resilience, adaptivity, durability, reactivity and liveliness, or potential thereof. The Life, Living and Dying... - life is motion, animation, change over time - alive is any system with average increase of information within - alive is any evolving system, growing in shape or internal complexity life is both, alive and dead, living and dying, learning and forgetting, yin and yang... the amount of information that leaves, enters or evolves/devolves inside the system defines degrees or amount of life, where loss of information is dying and gain of information defines living system. life is temporal change and therefore definition heavily depends on durations and time intervals considered, this introduces concepts such as: dormant, hibernating and life-like. ========================================================================== Hello, The first point is to show how "life" and mental processes are not something to be measured in boolean with yes/no, but rather with floating point or percentage. The second point is to define all of the following in the terms of information technology and above virtual definition using concepts of information: input<->memory<->output->reaction: cognition consciousness perception reflex detection emotion feeling thought instinct anticipation decision acknowledgment knowledge willingness comprehension intelligence awareness intuition recognition intention sensation mind self-awareness e.g. A= sensation, detection, feeling... B= perception, emotion, acknowledgment... C= reflex, awareness, instinct... D= thought, intention, consciousness, mind... E= willingness, decision, intelligence... The third point is about Turnig machines, determinism, quantum uncertainty, algorithmic predictability, "free will" or "active will", possibility of simulation of self-awareness and about practical means to measure it. The bonus point is to define and try to answer the concepts of anticipation, intuition, prediction and prophecy. Care for some chat? [Edited by - PlayStationX on February 13, 2009 3:05:57 AM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by PlayStationX
Care for some chat?

No. Sorry!

There are many different interpretations of what 'intelligence' is, and usually trying to repeat this ends up going nowhere. What are you hoping to achieve with this definition?

Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Quote:Original post by PlayStationX
Care for some chat?

No. Sorry!

There are many different interpretations of what 'intelligence' is, and usually trying to repeat this ends up going nowhere. What are you hoping to achieve with this definition?

yes, there are many interpretations, some more logical than other.

not usually, but always conclusions based on non logical or not complete definitions lead nowhere. what i already have achieved with this particular definition is that it is most logical and most applicable to any system, therefore it provides the answers other definitions could not.

this definition is based on information technology and pure logic. what i hope to achieve is to explain it to anyone who is interested to learn about it. unfortunately, as you point, current science and definitions hardly answer any of those questions, only the "pure information technology" can, which is esoteric way of contemplation. in the east where it's called 'the way of the force' or Tao it correlates to Yin, feminine or the dark side.

questions of feelings, emotions, life and death... It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.

It's a Sith legend... Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise... he had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

- He could actually save people from death?

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

- Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Jedi.
What has Star Wars to do with this?
Quote:
What has Star Wars to do with this?

Turing machines, determinism, algorithmic computability, quantum uncertainty, free will, willingness... there is a cool trick you can do when you train in the skills of the dark side, like bluish freaky lightnings coming out of fingertips, that's very handy and it has to do with "active will", some call it "the Force"

it is the third point i mentioned - *determinism*, and that also has to do with bonus point of anticipation, intuition, prediction and oracle. in star wars it is referred to as "prophecy" or "feeling", like: "Feel the Force, Luke", "I have a bad feeling about this" or "Clouded the future is", while in science it is called "prediction".
My brain hurts.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Quote:Original post by InnocuousFox
My brain hurts.

Mine tickles.
I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by LessBread
I seek the Grail! I have seen it, here in this castle!

Well, Zoot must have lit this cat's grail-shaped beacon.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

ay caramba!

who are you guys talking to?

what are you talking about and what is the purpose of it?

is this private blog or public forum? i thought moderators are supposed to moderate trolling and off topic blabbering, no?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement