Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adtheice

[windows] does anyone know how to use Cards.dll

does anyone know how to use cards.dll with Visual c++ 6.0 enterprise preferred (I could reverse enginere it but that would take to long and it would be UNETHICAL )

Here is a tutorial on it. It''s in visual basic so it should be easy to convert it to c++.

http://www.rookscape.com/vbgaming/tutU.php

reverse enginering software of someone elses is unethical to me because they intended it to be hidden so I would prefer to keep it that way.

//Cards32.h

extern declspec(dllimport) long cdtInit(long dx, long dy);
extern declspec(dllimport) long cdtDrawExt(HANDLE hDC, long X, long Y, long dx, long dy, long ordCard, long iDraw, long clr);
extern declspec(dllimport) long cdtDraw(HANDLE hDC, long X, long Y, long iCard, long iDraw, long clr);
extern declspec(dllimport) long cdtTerm();

...that should do you... just hope it's got a lib
(and don't forget to link the lib!)

--Tr][aD--

Edited by - TrIaD on June 25, 2001 12:15:34 AM

Dynamically link to it. That way you don''t need a lib for it.

Use the Win32 Api functions
LoadLibrary
GetProcAddress
FreeLibrary

If what everyone else said doesn''t help you enough, there is an article on using it on MSDN. It is under the archived periodical articles. I think it might have been in Microsoft Systems Journal from a couple years back. I''m sorry I can''t remember exactly, but I know there is an entire article about this exact topic

Guest Anonymous Poster
Someone must know where to find a good tutorial on how to use cards.dll or cards32.dll

Right?

Well, I would say, just like someone else has already, look on MSDN.
Or you can try a search on
google, I alsmot always find what I am looking for there.
You may also consider writing your own, thats what I did, I took the images (I guess I''m bad) and wrote my own drawing routines.

Jason Mickela
E-Mail: jmickela@pacbell.net
------------------------------
"Evil attacks from all sides
but the greatest evil attacks
from within." Me
------------------------------

I wouldn''t consider it unethical; one of the points of a DLL is that it can be used by any number of programs just by dynamically linking -- hence the DL in DLL. I''ve heard about several companies that realize this and don''t put sensitive routines in them...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Tell that to microsoft the owner of said library - they have put in sensitive routines that block access. hence they wish it to stay private