GameBoy Advance SDK

Started by
8 comments, last by Prozak 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi all, will there/ is there an downloadable SDK for GBA out there? I''m a robotics student, and im interested in learning GB programming, so I can use its processing power to control my robotic designs. Thanks all, Hugo Ferreira lotsjunk@hotmail.com http://unitek3000.tripod.com
Advertisement
Hey,

finally someone else who likes to make robots. And out of GameBoys too! Whooho. Oh the joy of having a GameBoy robot falling down the stairs burning. Although I don't know why you want to use the Advanced Gameboy and not the original GameBoy. After all the GB is somewhat cheaper. Or how about the GameBoy Color with an IR port so your bots can communicate?

Every bit of info you can ever get about GameBoys is avaible at Jeff Frohweins Homepage: http://www.devrs.com/

Edited by - SkyRat on June 26, 2001 8:44:33 AM
Humanity's first sin was faith; the first virtue was doubt
I''m also into GBA dev (not for robotics... but..) Check out www.gbadev.org for some more info.
Hi,

I'm a AGB registered developer (or my company is anyway), the AGB libs are so much better to use than the likes of the Sony PSX libs, if you do get into AGB programming, it's very worthwhile :-)

I'm sorry I can't point you to any libs, but even if you can't find any - a lot of people and even some dev companies make the games on the PC for demo purposes. If you use an image of the AGB surrounding the actual game, it does look quite cool :-)

Of course going back to the original post, it is quite an interesting idea! The AGB is certainly powerful enough (and lasts a long time with bateries to boot :-D)

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Edited by - mlambert on June 28, 2001 4:14:32 PM

Marc. Help Wanted template | Game development isn't easy! | Indie interviews
Bloodlust is back! -Leave your morals and political correctness at the door.

hey mark, I was wondering, how do you become a nintendo licensed
gba developer and how much is the dev kit?
thank you.
That''s the real kicker, you have to be a licensed by Nintendo to make games for their consoles. I''d like to get into consol programming just to fiddle with it and see how much I like it, are there any console''s out there that offer free or trial (limited version) SDKs? How about that X-Box? (I wish )

I know only that which I know, but I do not know what I know.
Hey,

To become licensed, you really need to have either a publisher or someone currently licensed to put you forward - this is the easiest way. Otherwise you need to directly contact Nintendo and start enquiring.

The dev kits are around £9k, but the libs and stuff are free (as is access to the developers website), which can be obtained before getting the kits.

Marc Lambert

marc@darkhex.com

Marc. Help Wanted template | Game development isn't easy! | Indie interviews
Bloodlust is back! -Leave your morals and political correctness at the door.

How much in dollar is 9k ?

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
k: is 1000 so 9000
DOLLARS, Idiot!!
12,961.64 US
19,977.29 CA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement