Qn on lsn 35

Started by
1 comment, last by Evil Steve 15 years, 2 months ago
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=35 the lesson uses multi-byte character set. the project i'm currently doing is already using the unicode character set and changing the project to use the multibyte would break the project. Besides just static casting some bits of the code and disabling the message boxes, i can't seem to get around this bit here: window->hWnd = CreateWindowEx(windowExtendedstyle,// Extended style window->init.application->className, // Class Name window-> init.title, // Window Title windowstyle, // Window style 0, 0, // Window X,Y Position windowRect.right - windowRect.left, // Window Width windowRect.bottom - windowRect.top, // Window Height HWND_DESKTOP, // Desktop Is Window's Parent 0, // No Menu window->init.application->hInstance, // Pass The Window Instance window); where the error states: nehegl.cpp(122) : error C2664: 'CreateWindowExW' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR' 1> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast thanks in advance.
Advertisement
This should be exactly what you were looking for.
I highly recommend reading This.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement