Where to learn 2D graphics?

Started by
3 comments, last by EbonySeraph 22 years, 9 months ago
I guess I will learn 2D graphics while learning and soldifying some 3D concepts that I dont fully grasp. I just want to know exactly where to learn 2D graphics? I have the DirectX 8 SDK and the tutorial are like all for 3D. I see the DirectDraw samples but no code for it. Or explanations. Can someone tell me where to find the tutorials for using DirectDraw in the SDK or somewhere online to do that? Or should I use another API to learn 2D? Thanks for your input. "Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
"Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
Advertisement
I had DrectDraw samples in my DX8 SDK, and the DX7 docs too.

Off course, I have every SDK since 3, but thats not the point

If, for some reason you don''t have them, you can get them on MS''s download site (Can''t remember the links, sorry!).

Waassaap!!
Waassaap!!
I''m pretty sure I have the whole SDK because I downloaded 137 megabytes -- it had better have everything included! I just dont know where to find it in the SDK. Most of the tutorials are for Direct3D or something not related to graphics like Sound or Input.

"Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
"Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
DirectX 8 dropped support for Direct Draw...

Use the DX 7 docs and interfaces...

G''luck,
-Alamar
May I suggest The Art of Demomaking. That goes into the theory of 2D graphics, optimisation tricks, and cool algorithms.

A good read, if I may say so myself

As for API, both OpenPTC and SDL are very good. A search on google will find them easily.

Alex

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement