Where to learn 2D

Started by
3 comments, last by EbonySeraph 22 years, 9 months ago
I guess I will learn 2D graphics while learning and soldifying some 3D concepts that I dont fully grasp. I just want to know exactly where to learn 2D graphics? I have the DirectX 8 SDK and the tutorial are like all for 3D. I see the DirectDraw samples but no code for it. Or explanations. Can someone tell me where to find the tutorials for using DirectDraw in the SDK or somewhere online to do that? Or should I use another API to learn 2D? Thanks for your input. This topic is also in the Game programming forum section too. "Ogun''s Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
"Ogun's Laughter Is No Joke!!!" - Ogun Kills On The Right, A Nigerian Poem.
Advertisement
there arent too many 2d tutorials out there, but over at drunken hyiena''s, in one of his first tutorials, he explains a little 2d. It may not be what you are looking for, but it will at least get you started. http://www.drunkenhyena.com/ , later-

what we do in life... echoes in eternity...
If I were to do 2D graphics: I would use the SDL over any other API.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]
SDL is a nice library, certainly, but I''d question it''s
usefulness in actually learning 2D graphics programming.
It just does too much for you IMHO.

Of course if you''re interested in making games rather than
learning then it''s great
I posted an article to GameDev on Sunday. Hopefully, we''ll see it here soon. It goes over how to do all the set up for drawing 2D with D3D.
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement