Texture problem in 3ds Max

Started by
0 comments, last by hspirdal 15 years, 2 months ago
Hi, Not a programming question, but I figured a lot of you have experience with 3DS Max. If I load a 3ds model in 3ds Max 2009, it's not textured. If I hit F9 for a render image, a message pops up asking for the location of the model textures. If I browse up the correct paths, it will show textures correctly in the renderimage, but still not in the viewspaces unless i apply textures from the material editor. Is it something I need to enable? I'm a little confused as of why the app can't find the textures by itself, especially since they usually are located in the same folder or a subfolder to the model.. It's usually no problem if I load up a model in MilkShape.
Advertisement
You know, composing a thread to define and articulate the problem, made it easier to find the correct search prhase for answers.

As for what my searches told me, 3ds is an old format that does not store texture paths. 3ds Max should autoload the textures if they are in a path defined to contain textures. (Still a little weird, since I added the Imports folder as a texture path.. I'll try this again when I get home)

It seems that I have to manually stash my textures in the material editor slots in order to view them on model in viewspace, which I think is a little cumbersome.. Is there an easier way?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement