I need some help with an adventure game , RPG?

Started by
5 comments, last by Dominator 22 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys, I''ve come for some help and some advice. I thinking of starting a game project. But I need a few ideas first. Basically I want a adventure style game like monkey island. If anyone has any good ideas I could really do with the help!. Most appreciated Regards Dominator ----------------------------------------------------------------- EMAIL: stevem444@hotmail.com ICQ : 117152521
Advertisement
So did you come here looking for story ideas or game ideas? You need help thinking out a storyline or coming up with the gameplay?

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Hi,

I''ll give you a few ideas in how to think rather than give you an idea of a game.

First think of a theme. Decide on what kind of game you want to make - Which you already have - Monkey Island.

Second build up a story. It need not be real heavy storyline(an example would be zone66 I guess), a simple doom or blood kind of story will do. From there on you just build up characters and worlds and levels and you have a game story, idea. If you can implement this you have a game project :-).

Hello from my world
I thought of the gameplay style that I want I just need help with a storyline. If you have ever played monkey island then you''ll know what kind of gameplay i''m aiming for. I now just need help with a storyline. I ideas would be most appreciated, thanks.

Steve
What kind of atmosphere do you want? Do you want your game to be comic, tragic, heroic, romantic, dramatic, what? Do you want it to be serious or casual? Futuristic, archaic, modern? Fantasy, science-fiction, or some other genre? Do you want to write the story, or do you want someone else to write it?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

well the kind of style I was going for was a comedy adventure, this is kind of different to many of the games I have played. Also I wanted my story to have some kind of twist, to make the player think ''wow thats really clever!'' if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Steve
You don''t mean you want one of those really, really annoying games that are all cutsie do you?
==============================From The Magical World Of Tempermental Rose

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement