Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cobra

An Ambitious Project.. skilled coders only.

Cobra    122
Okay.... firstly let me say that this is just a head-count.. the project hasn''t started involving other coders yet.. but I will be looking to start the AI side of the coding most likely within a month for now. WHAT IS THE PROJECT? Okay... I said this is ambitious.. and it is... very much so. I have almost finished the complete rendering pipeline on my engine... that''s maps, models, animations, shaders, textures, skins e.t.c e.t.c I''ve been thinking about exactly what to make out of it.. and just today.. and idea struck me. I''m going to try and make some kind of super-advanced 3D tamagotchi with it ( virtual pet for those of you who dont remember the tamagotchi fad a year or two back ) I need EXPERIENCED coders to help me work with the AI... its that simple.. I have almost finished everything else. Eventually, I was hoping to evolve this tamagotchi into as close as can be achieved to creating a human-like virtual character. TOLD YOU IT WAS AMBITIOUS DIDN''T I! I should probably re-iterate that I only want experienced AND/OR skilled programmers.. I dont particularly want amature coders volunteering just to get their hands on the engine source. If anyone is interested, please just reply to this topic. ( I''m actually not expecting that many people to try and take on something of this depth ). Anyway... hope to rally some support here... AI is a particularly difficult area to work with, and I myself admitantly dont have much experience, but hope to learn a great deal from this. TO SUM UP : If you would like to be a part of this project ( which will start in approximately a month or so ( to give me time to finalise everything in the engine first )), and you have experience with AI programming in 3Dimensions, then please just reply to this message with ur name ( real or alias.. I dont mind ), and ur E-Mail address or ICQ number so that I can get in contact. ~Cobra~

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey Wasn''t you suppose to be creating a website I was really looking forward to the tut''s!!!

Cobra    122
I did..... but I''ve still got to write 1.3 more tutorials before I upload ( uploading in batch of 5 ).

Site is all up and everything..... had over 500 visitors already ( people that somehow found it )

I haven''t released the site officially yet because I''m still finishing up my tutorials.... AND..... because I''ve been experimenting with DirectX 8.0, giving me less time for OGL and tuts e.t.c

I''ll finish them up soon and release the site, but for now, forget about it :D

ANYWAY... PLEASE... NO MORE COMMENTS ABOUT THE SITE... THIS PROJECT IS WHAT I''M FOCUSING ON RIGHT NOW, AND WILL BE MY PIECE DE RESISTANCE.. :D

So.... anyone who wants to contribute... put ur name and ICQ/E-mail in a reply to this message.

~Cobra~

3DG    122
Hi Dude

Dude tamagotchi, you are obviously a good programmer so I would say aim a bit higher. The secret to great AI is simplicity make the user think that the AI is complex when it is quite simple that is the key. Ideally you don’t want to spend to much time doing AI when you could be doing some nice eye candy. Those tamagotchi were not that complex in there components or code, if they were they would not of been that cheap.

I have about three projects on at the moment one is a 3D Game Engine that I have spent a few hours developing AI it is still in the early stages but I am aiming at a level of a simple Bot, that attack’s evades etc.

Anyway good luck with your project, I have my own so I am not offering to work with you on your project, but again good luck, it sounds interesting.

3DG