Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jobie

PR_SetModeD3D Fails

Hi Chris (and everybody): I had downloaded beta 6.1 over the weekend, and was able to get the "Bomb" demo going, and subsequently sculpted some of that code into a template, which was working quite well. I downloaded the new beta 7, and now both "Bomb" and my own project fail during initialization with "PR_SetModeD3D CreateDevice Failed". I tried going windowed and full-screen, to no avail. My guess is there are new default capabilities being set that my lowly TNT-2 doesn''t support. Any help will be much appreciated...thanks! -John "Hell, I''''d piss on a spark plug if I thought it''''d do any good." - Gen''''l Berringer from the movie "WarGames"

This is probably caused by not using the winutil.c file from Beta 7. There is a new PR_SetWindow routine that was added and must be called. PR_SetModeD3D is probably failing because the window handle hasn''t been assigned by this function.

Excellent, thanks Chris...that did the trick!

-John

"Hell, I''''d piss on a spark plug if I thought it''''d do any good." - Gen''''l Berringer from the movie "WarGames"