Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Examples/Practice programs

This topic is 6011 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m in the process of learning C++ after learn a little of C and quite a bit of Visual Basic. I''m using the Sams Teach Yourself C++ book but the ''practice'' programs aren''t really good practice programs. They just have you right small pieces of code to solve this program or that. I was wondering if anybody knew of any good practice programs or a site/book that would have some good practice programs to go along. I had no trouble with coming up with programs in VB, but I seem to be hitting a block trying to figure out something to do with C++ (non Win32) to help burn the code into my brain.

hehe i''m in the same book u are and i agree, there should be some "code this" programs in there to help better intergrate the code.

just wondering how far u are in the book, i''m now on the Arrays chpt.

anyways, sorry this post has no useful information in it

I''ve gotten a few program hints on simple things from friends, but nothing that challenges the techniques learned. I''m in pointers right now, but I''m skipping around. I''ve been in programming for some years and am moving up from C/Visual Basic to C++. Quit VB cold turkey, not enough control over whats going on and too bulky. I really like the micromanaging of C++, a bit slower to work with, but gives more of the I did this 100% myself, not 70% myself and 30% compiler adding this here and there.