Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JL

DirectInput problem

Hi I''m trying to make a game with DirectX, and I have just started to learn DirectX. But when I got to DirectInput things did''nt go so well. I cant find dinput.h or dinput.lib, or anything else that has to do with DirectInput. All other things like DirectDraw, DirectPlay, Direct3D, DirectSound etc. exists but not DirectInput. Is this a version problem? I''m thankful to any help. I have a very slow internet connection so I don''t want to download any big SDK. Thanks /J Lindroos

If you downloaded a smaller version of the sdk then you may have left out dinput. If it is dx7 you are using, it isn''t a version problem because dinput works fine for me.

You should try downloadingdx sdk again, or find dinput.lib and dinput.h from somewhere.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thanks for replying. If anyone knows a good site to find just DInput I''d be glad to know about that

Regards

Hate to be a newbie, but I am

/J Lindroos

The renamed the new lib file to dinput8.lib..i couldnt find the dinput.lib file in the dx8 sdk..however everything seems pretty much the same between dinput7 and dinput8 except for some renaming of functions to include 8 in them such as DirectInput8Create instead of DirectInputCreate.