Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metal Typhoon

EVERYBODY PLEASE SEE THIS !!!!!

Metal Typhoon    122
quote:
Original post by Maximus
If Borlands compiler is so much better, why do the majority seem to be using VC around here? If Borland is so much better, why do companies that develope for Windows seem to be using VC more than Borland?

Your answer is simple and with a question to think about , WHY MOST OF THE PEOPLE USE WINDOW AND NOT LINUX ?

See look this way. Windows was created great , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people don''t like microsoft anymore. They want to put them down. Vc++ was created , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people still like it. WILL IT FOLLOOW THE LAST STEP ? FALL DOWN ? hummm... seems pretty much that it will since it''s from the so hated MICROSOFT right ?

"The shortcut is not always the best way "

Metal Typhoon

Maximus    124
Tell me why we should use assembly when we can get the same results using C++ and not having to spend nearly as much time. Only very time critical pieces of code need to be hand coded in assembly, and even then its quite easy to actually make it slower if you dont know what you''re doing.

I have yet to see a reason from you on why people should be using Borland for game programming. Nobody needs any of those features that VC "supposedly" doesnt have to code games.

Martee    476
Thank you, Maximus. That''s kind of what I was getting at

"Borland is better because Borland''s web site says so". Hmm ....

Metal Typhoon    122
quote:
Original post by Maximus
Tell me why we should use assembly when we can get the same results using C++ and not having to spend nearly as much time. Only very time critical pieces of code need to be hand coded in assembly, and even then its quite easy to actually make it slower if you dont know what you''re doing.

I have yet to see a reason from you on why people should be using Borland for game programming. Nobody needs any of those features that VC "supposedly" doesnt have to code games.

K i''ll answer that. U don''t have to program in assembly cuz u have c++ in which makes life better ? right ? SO. why program in Vc++ when borland make''s life better ??

Metal Typhoon

Maximus    124
quote:
Original post by Metal Typhoon
Your answer is simple and with a question to think about , WHY MOST OF THE PEOPLE USE WINDOW AND NOT LINUX ?

Because it has greater compatibility and does what they want perhaps? Because they dont have the time to download linux? There are different reasons why people use different operating systems.

quote:
See look this way. Windows was created great , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people don''t like microsoft anymore. They want to put them down. Vc++ was created , now it''s been sold and 2001 now people still like it. WILL IT FOLLOOW THE LAST STEP ? FALL DOWN ? hummm... seems pretty much that it will since it''s from the so hated MICROSOFT right ?

Lamest thing Ive read all week. Congrats.
Anyway I agree with Anon. in that this thread should be closed.

Metal Typhoon    122
Hahahha, people this is a FORUM. If you gonna close every single topic in this forum ... !!! come one. Take it easy i just wanna show u an interesting thing !!

Metal Typhoon

JDog    122
Big Mac Vs Whopper, Coke Vs Pepsi, and Microsoft Vs Borland.
People its all a matter of preference. Use what ever compiler or api that gets the job done better for "you" and stop trying to impose something on someone else. If people can program then they "should" have the logic reasoning to figure out what is the best tool for them.

As Always do what ever makes you happy, hell even program in cobol if it floats your boat.

Maximus    124
quote:
K i''ll answer that. U don''t have to program in assembly cuz u have c++ in which makes life better ? right ? SO. why program in Vc++ when borland make''s life better ??

How does Borland make life better? It adds a couple features that would never be used in developing a game.

VC has MFC for tools (VC DOES have visual design of dialogs/forms/whatever you call them), and for the actual game code you have your code editor. You dont need RAD for game development, nor do you need all that fancy database or "Drop-in Internet Protocol Components". We have DirectPlay and WinSock instead for that. We dont need XML in our games, nor ISAPI and CGI, nor any language translation tools.

So these features that supposedly make Borland better would go completely unused anyway.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Hahahha, people this is a FORUM. If you gonna close every single topic in this forum ... !!! come one. Take it easy i just wanna show u an interesting thing !!

Close the post hes showing people nothing but anger, its a post that went from match to flame and now its all flamed out. Jdog says it PERFECTLY, personally I enjoy a sonic #1 Cheeseburger though .

Metal Typhoon    122
Can anybody gime ONE reason , itshould be GOD man, that vc++ can do in GAMES that borland c++ builder 5 can''t do. Don''t gime reasons like directx cux borland supports it. It better be good. And i''ll change my mind. JUST ONE OF A HELL REASON !! Please

Metal Typhoon

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Can anybody gime ONE reason , itshould be GOD man, that vc++ can do in GAMES that borland c++ builder 5 can''t do. Don''t gime reasons like directx cux borland supports it. It better be good. And i''ll change my mind. JUST ONE OF A HELL REASON !! Please

VC++ and Bordland can''t do anything the other can''t do for a game, it all depends on the skill of the programmer. Did you ever hear of ridilin and did you ever tell your parents thankyou for feeding you even thought your such a stupid person?

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Ummm, because Borland users have horrible grammar and can''t spell words like ''why'' because they are so ''133t''.

btw, GCC all the way.

Metal Typhoon    122
Hahahaha, me = stupid. hahahha i don't think so. Am i the one who's trying to close the topic with aggression. well i don't think so. Man if u wanna answer my question do it, if no you're welcome to quit !!! HAHAHAHAAHHA

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 10:13:37 PM

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Hahahaha, me = stupid. hahahha i don''t think so. Am i the one who''s trying to close the topic with aggression. well i don''t think so. Man if u wanna answer my question do it, if no you''re welcome to quit !!! HAHAHAHAAHHA

Go to bed little boy, its past your bedtime.

Metal Typhoon    122
U don''t have the answer that''s why u just answer shit !!! and i though u knew how to program!!!! and me = no prgram. Shame on u !!

Metal Typhoon

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
U don''t have the answer that''s why u just answer shit !!! and i though u knew how to program!!!! and me = no prgram. Shame on u !!

This Ladys and Gentlemen is our future, the future of Earth rests in the hands of kids with terrible math, grammer, and faulty brains. This is an example of life at its lowest point. Be all that you can be people but for god''s sake or whatever your religion DON''T become like this person, don''t let it happen to you.

Metal Typhoon    122
Oh don''t worry about that. If you want me to write a good grammar i can. And also i have Geometry Honors, Straight A''s in Math, Also don''t worry about it. The only thing that i''m look for is a good IDE and i think that the people can''t help me.

Metal Typhoon

Shotokan    102
Metal, why did you join gamedev.net? Did you join to start flame wars? Or did you join to acquire and or submit information on becoming a better game programmer? I haven''t the slightest idea whatsoever this post has to do with anything. Have you compiled something and compared speed and performance tests and what not with both compilers? Do you even know how to program? What are you trying to accomplish here? I think you should go read the FAQ. I think if you feel that Borlands compiler is so great, that you should be using it right now instead of spreading hearsay. Ok, now go to the park and ride your shiny new bmx that mommy bought you for passing 5th grade.

Dark Shotokan

Metal Typhoon    122
quote:
Original post by Shotokan
Metal, why did you join gamedev.net? Did you join to start flame wars? Or did you join to acquire and or submit information on becoming a better game programmer? I haven't the slightest idea whatsoever this post has to do with anything. Have you compiled something and compared speed and performance tests and what not with both compilers? Do you even know how to program? What are you trying to accomplish here? I think you should go read the FAQ. I think if you feel that Borlands compiler is so great, that you should be using it right now instead of spreading hearsay. Ok, now go to the park and ride your shiny new bmx that mommy bought you for passing 5th grade.

Dark Shotokan

WOW ! come down charlie. K this TOPIC stop's here . Since nobody can HELP to chose a right compiler.U don't care cuz u already know, but when u din't it was something like that. Remeber these word. !!!!

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 11:30:23 PM

MiniZap    122
Shotokan hit the nail on the head. Metal did your teacher ever hit you for spelling sentences like "WOW ! come down charlie. K this TOPIC stop''s here . Since nobody can HELP to chose a right compiler.U don''t care cuz u already know, but when u din''t it was something like that. Remeber this word. !!!!"
K isnt a word U isnt a word cuz isn''t a word, remember what words to me all your letters are giberish. Go find something useful to do, go make friends and don;t act like you just acted on this message board.

Everyone remember
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!"

Daishim    244
quote:
NO,NO,NO. U didn''t get it. IF MICROSOFT''S COMPILER WAS THAT GOOD ,ENOUGH TO BET BORLAND''S, THE WOULD AT LEAST ADVERTISE, RIGHT ? BUT Y THEY DON''T DO IT ? Y

Metal Typhoon

When actually was the last time you saw MS advertise that their product was better than another?

Metal Typhoon    122
quote:
Original post by MiniZap
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!"

I didn't and i don't want to do that !!

Metal Typhoon

Edited by - Metal Typhoon on June 27, 2001 12:10:59 AM

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Did the moderators miss this thread? It has definitely degenerated to the point of closing.

deadlinegrunt    123
Jeesh! I spend the evening taking my fiancee'' to the movie and this is what happens. I don''t suppose I really need to explain my actions on this. In any event: Swordfish rocks, this thread doesn''t...

YAP-YFIO
-deadlinegrunt