Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Customized Engine in Runtime

This topic is 6010 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, everybody? What''s up? I was looking into Unreal Tournament''s folder and I found some dynamic link libraries like OpenGLDrv.DLL and D3DDrv.DLL. In UT you can change video configurations only outside the game itself. Anyway, for UT, it doesn''t matter if you get OpenGL or Direct3D, the game will run in the same way. I want to do the same thing for my Graphics Engine. I used OOP in order to create an abstract way to deal with surfaces and the graphic driver. Of course I didn''t go too deep because I don''t want a slow code. So my question is : How can I create a DLL, link it at runtime in my program and use the objects inside the DLL ? BTW, I''m using Borland C++ Builder.... Thank you very much! TheProgrammer

COM is a method of exposing objects from dll''s.
You need the enterprise edition of C++ Builder to build or use COM objects, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Alternatively you could make a dll function that instances your graphics engine and returns a pointer to it, and use the same header in both dll''s and the game engine.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- The disgruntled & disillusioned