GTA - Iso or 3D??

Started by
10 comments, last by Seriema 22 years, 9 months ago
Hmm.. thats not right at all

GTA was not made to look 2d. It is 2d drawn in a 3d environment.

So therefore it would be just like a tilemap game. The thing is since it''s 3d, they can also place models in the maps. Thats why the buildings are 3d etc. If you gave GTA a tomb raider view, you''d see a flatness, and some 3d buildings, heh. If you didn''t notice everything is a sprite except the buildings... anyways.

Yeah it''d be easy to write an RPG like that. I''m writing a game like that, not an rpg though.

CrappySoft - game production team with a punk attitude. Mail me if you want to make levels, art etc.
CrappySoft - game production team with a punk attitude. Mail me if you want to make levels, art etc.
Advertisement
hmmm!

TANSTAAFL:
Thanx! (and thanx for responding too my e-mail too)
Where can I learn more about these 2D polygons to limit movement?

I'm not sure I understood entirly, is it a BIG map hacked into smaller tiles. Then using the polygons for collision detecting??

----------------

lower_case:
quote:lower_case
GTA was not made to look 2d. It is 2d drawn in a 3d environment.

I still say they made it look 2D, or else they would've used 3D for the cars etc

I couldn't get into your homepage (www.crappysoft.com), but I'm very interested in your 3D/2D/whatever engine. Since the game I'm gonna make is played in the future, with many tall buildings. It would be cool if the buildings "transpotted" (correct word?) as they do in GTA Please tell me more on where I can find info on making such an engine!

EDIT - command mixup when quoting
EDIT - added the question in the end

}+TITANIUM+{

Edited by - Seriema on July 2, 2001 3:54:19 AM

Edited by - Seriema on July 2, 2001 4:04:49 AM
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement